MODEC, Toyo to Form Engineering JV for Large-Scale FPSOs

img_20220506_pr_mv31.jpg

FPSO leasing specialist MODEC and Toyo Engineering Corporation have executed a deal to form a joint venture company for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) business of FPSO vessels. 

The establishment of the joint venture company, to be named Offshore Frontier Solutions and based in Singapore, is subject to obtaining official permits and approvals from relevant authorities.

MODEC said the move would boost its engineering and project management capabilities to meet clients’ requirements and expectations and help develop environmentally-friendly technologies for next-generation FPSOs.

"For the past 15 years, MODEC has been collaborating with TOYO, which boasts a robust track record as a global engineering group, on the topside EPC scopes for several FPSO projects. 

"Through the establishment of the joint venture company, MODEC and TOYO will further deepen the form of collaboration and jointly strengthen the engineering and project management capabilities in order to carry
out the challenging large-scale FPSO projects, and the two companies jointly aim to strengthen the technological capabilities and competitiveness in the FPSO industry," MODEC said.

MODEC will own 65% of the JV, with TOYO owning the remaining 35%

Floating Production Week delivers unrivaled overview, insight and analysis to the Offshore Floating Production Systems and Technology market

Floating Liquefaction and Regasification Report And Online Database

  • Annual reports -- Our new 150-page report is the first professional effort to systematically look at the universe of FLNG and FSRU projects in the planning stage – and categorize the likelihood of each making the development investment hurdle.
  • Online database -- The online database is updated every day – with information direct from primary sources. The database is fully searchable. Customized charts and spreadsheets can be directly produced from the database.
  • Customer support -- We are available to assist with technical questions about information in the database and reports -- and assist with any questions about using the database search tools.

Here's what you get!

Request Free Trial